Beyond Flexner 2020 Conference
April 20-22, 2020 │ Phoenix, Az │ Hyatt Regency Phoenix
Beyond Flexner is a national movement, focused on health equity and training health professionals as agents of more equitable health care. This movement takes us beyond centuries-old conventions in health professional education to train providers prepared to build a system that is not only better, but fairer. The broad themes of social mission include social determinants of health, community engagement, disparity reduction, diversity promotion and value-based health care.
Interprofessional education and practice are essential components of a transformed health system. The 2020 Beyond Flexner Conference offers a unique opportunity to learn more about the movement and how to integrate social mission into your profession and practice. Beyond Flexner is honored to welcome A.T. Still University and Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation at Arizona State University as cohosts for the 2020 conference. Join us April 20-22, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ for a conference experience that will be immensely informative, deeply fulfilling and enjoyable.
Beyond Flexner 2020 Themes
- Championing Equity: programs that teach, model, measure, promote and reward health equity
- Diversity Now in Health Professions Education: race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, disability, culture, nationality, religion, and socioeconomic status among others and intersections of those identities
- Innovations in Learning Integration: interprofessional education, integrated primary care, oral health, behavioral health, community integration and empowerment, social determinants of health, and health law among others
- Moving to the Quadruple Aim – patient experience, population health, healthcare costs, and provider well-being in the context of social mission
- Fixing the Framework: admissions, accreditation, post-graduate education, certification, hidden curriculum, payments, state and federal policies
The 2020 Program will be available shortly.
- Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 North Second Street
Phoenix, Arizona, United States, 85004
Scientific Program, Faculty and Logistics
Brian Snyder, CMP