2018 Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation Awards
Awards Nomination Deadline: 01/15/2018 at 11:59 PM Eastern
The Beyond Flexner Alliance announces the Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation Awards for Excellence in Social Mission in Health Professions Education. Awards will be given in four categories: individual, program, institution and lifetime achievement.
The purpose of the Awards is to recognize outstanding leadership in advancing social mission in health professions education. Social mission is defined as activities or initiatives that teach, model, or improve community engagement, diversity, disparities reduction, value based care, or engagement with the social determinants of health. Social mission enhancement means making programs not only better, but fairer.
Each award will include a $2,000 honorarium, up to $2,000 to produce a video to be shown at the event, an engraved award recognizing the person, program, or institution, and travel expenses for a representative to attend the Beyond Flexner 2018 conference. Awards will be made at the Beyond Flexner 2018 Conference in Atlanta, Georgia (April 9-11, 2018). Conference registration fees will be waived for this representative.
Nominators should be prepared to:
- Select ONE nomination type (individual, program, institution, or lifetime achievement) per nomination entry;
- Provide contact information for the nominee;
- Summarize how the nominee has advanced the social mission of health professions education (who they are and what they have done) with a maximum of 2500 characters (including spaces);
- Summarize how individuals, community, and/or society have benefited from these activities (societal impact of the activities described above) with a maximum of 2500 characters (including spaces); and
- Upload an endorsement / recommendation letter (limited to 150 words).
Nominations should be submitted on the electronic form. To be eligible applications must be received by the Awards Committee before 11:59 PM Eastern time on January 15, 2018.
Awards will be presented at the Beyond Flexner 2018 Conference in Atlanta, Georgia (April 9-11, 2018).